Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Back to Work...

Back from my great-aunt's funeral.  As expected, a very sad event.  She outlived most of her friends and family, so there were not many people there.  But she was ushered out in the dress and casket she wanted, under a blanket of flowers that she wanted - bright pink flowers and dress - and was buried next to her parents and grandparents.  The graveside ceremony was short and the old graveyard itself quiet and pretty. 

From her I inherited a love of crafting - it comes from all the older members of my family, really, but I remember making things every time I went to see her.  And so I brought home with me fabric and yarn and thread.  When I use them, I will be honoring her memory and the skills and love of crafting that she helped to instill in me.

And maybe in time there will be a quilt for her memory - something that can be shared with other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment