It was a productive weekend! Friday left me with an inclination to crawl into a hole and pull it in after me. So this weekend I went to the quilt forge and spent a good deal of time there, with the end result that things got done. Yayayayayayay! (Muppet flailing arms)
I really need to get better pictures!
First up - I found some scraps of material that (gasp) went together very well, so I made a mugrug or two. It was something I could quilt on my machine while D was setting up a quilt on Frank for her to do. I forgot to get a picture of the one for D, so I'll have to put that up here later. But the one for me:
I like the peacock colors, even though they aren't my normal choice, and not something I'd wear. But for a mug rug... you bet! I might even make another one, a little smaller, if I get my work desk adjusted. Then I can take this one back home and use it for a placemat!
It's a little big, but I like it. It will handle a couple of mugs or bottles (since I usually have a DP and a glass of water with me). It's also less lop-sided than it appears in the picture, which is nice. All in all, a success! And pic of D's will follow this evening.
The other thing I did get finished (finally!!) is my Black and White quilt. I'm still pondering a name for it - it's the Sea Glass pattern, but in blacks and whites (duh). It's 72" x 72" - so a nice size.
Some of the contrast in fabrics doesn't show up quite as well in the pictures as it does in real life. There are 8 different fabrics in this one, and I am quite pleased with it!
So that was my weekend - setting up Frank with black and white, sewing, quilting, helping D set up Frank with her blue and green quilt (Twisted, I think....), and working on Crazy Diamonds.
I have 14 blocks left to do on Crazy Diamonds, so this week I will pull 56 fabrics from our stash that I haven't already used and get those blocks finished up. Then I can figure out how to quilt it, since it's going to be too big for Frank! (Not to mention I have no clue what I am going to do as far as quilting design. *shrug* Burn that bridge when we get there!)
Also, I got fabric in for the nerd/geek quilt on Saturday, so I pulled the other fabrics from our stash and started measuring and cutting. I'm halfway done with cutting the blocks. Tonight I am going to shoot for finishing the cutting, and start the blocks. If I can do that, I will be most pleased! (The abbreviation for the nerd quilt is going to be BST for now).
Aaaaand.... I worked more on Texas Daycare. I am quilting the grass now. Once I finish that, I'll do the tree trunk and the calf himself, and then lay down the barbed wire border... and then bind him and call him done! Hooray! (hand quilting takes me forever!)