Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Too Long Between Posts!

It's been a week already?!  Wow....

This weekend I was a traveling quilter - I went to see family on the other side of the state.  Much enjoyment was had, we had really tasty Tex-Mex food, and so forth.  And I got to do some open road driving. 

I love open road driving.  I like to drive.  I am a much better driver than passenger!  (I get bored easily).  So a trip that gets me out and away is a wonderful thing.

Apparently there are other people who feel the same way!  I saw this trailer out on the open road, somewhere in the middle of Texas.  It was brightly painted on all sides, but this is the only clear picture I could get safely.  What you don't see is the semi behind this trailer, next to me!

The other reason I like driving?  Going through the Texas Hill Country.  It's so beautifully wide open, with so much sky.  Not that there isn't sky in the city, but it's different.  More space, fewer people...  It's such a beautiful sight.  And very inspiring - my goal for myself - catch that spirit and that feeling in a quilt.  I don't know that I can do it, but I sure intend to try!  It's not just the color and the space - it's in the air, really.

So that was MY weekend.  D stayed home and worked on her quilt.  She's a lot further ahead now!  I can't wait to see the finished topper.

My sister handed over a quilt top she made several years ago for me to quilt.  Fortunately, there's no time limit, although I do want to get it back to her in a timely manner.  It feels wrong not to!  She is my sister, after all! 


My Sugar Skulls quilt is fighting me - it isn't coming together the way I want it to.  But I am not giving up.  I will defeat it!!  :) 

Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment