Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

AAQI - Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

First, the link:  http://www.alzquilts.org/

Check it out.  Honestly.  Really.  Check it out.  Art quilts, small in size, buy them.  The money is used to raise money for Alzheimer's research.

I was just introduced to this organization, and have decided to throw my hat into the ring.  Or, rather, throw quilts into the ring.  They are small - no larger than 9" x 12".  Small.

This weekend I will make quilts to send.  I'll post pics of them here, hopefully, once they are done.  See if I can get the other members of the Anvil to participate as well. 

Why?  I don't have any family members with Alzheimer's.  It's not that.  It isn't really that personal.  But at the same time it is.  My favorite author is Terry Pratchett, who is dealing with Early Onset Alzheimer's.  I devour his books.  So in a way, that makes it personal.  Not Immediate, but nevertheless Personal, because he has made a difference in my life. 

Even if you don't buy MY quilts, buy a quilt. 

I'm off to make quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment